Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Just Stop

As our ministry year winds down I continue to process and respond to the emotions I feel each year. Last time I talked about the feeling of JOY that comes at the end of each ministry year. Here's another one ...

Relief
As each year winds down there is a very real sense of relief in me
I'll be honest, I used to feel guilty for feeling this way
It would bother me and I would think that a good youth pastor wouldn't feel that way
I don't think that's the case, though
As our year comes to a close, our summer looks different
Our summer is designed to be a time of planning, a time of connection and a time of rest
During our school year we run ... and we run hard
There is no doubt that the pace catches up with me
And so we get to the end and there is relief
There is a chance to stop, to catch my breath and to rest
It's good
It's healthy
It's necessary

What are you doing this year to find some rest?
What are you doing over the next few weeks to find some relief?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share
Bloggermint