Monday, March 21, 2011

When things are 'off' - Pace

We've started the conversation of the reality of having seasons of ministry that are 'off'.
The question is, if you are in that season, what do you do?
When I am in the midst of one of those times these 5 "P's" are the things that I check myself on. The first was PERSONAL. The second was PRAYER. The third was PREPARATION.
The fourth is this ...
PACE

Our ministry is built on leaders
They are the ones in the trenches
They are the ones doing the work
They are the ones being pastors to our students
More and more I'm coming to realize that one of my main roles and functions is to lead our leaders
That is, I am to set the PACE for them
Our leaders can only do that which I have ...
... modeled for them
... equipped them
... empowered them
... released them

When things are off, I need to check the pace that I am setting
Am I being intentional with our leaders?
Am I asking them to do something I am not willing to do;
Or am I asking them to go somewhere that I am not willing to go
Have I given them what they need to be successful as they love their students

How about you?
As a pastor
As a leader
YOU set the pace
How is it?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share
Bloggermint