Wednesday, March 16, 2011

When things are 'off' - Preparation

We've started the conversation of the reality of having seasons of ministry that are 'off'.
The question is, if you are in that season, what do you do?
When I am in the midst of one of those times these 5 "P's" are the things that I check myself on. The first was PERSONAL. The second was PRAYER
The third is this ...
PREPARATION

It's pretty simple.
In those times where I'm off, I need to look at my preparation.
Have I just been lazy?
Have I been intentional?
Have I been forward thinking?

Often times I find that preparing for the week in and week out details of a youth group night get squeezed out by things that, while not more pressing, are more immediate.
When I allow that to happen, then I'm not putting forth the effort needed to make things excellent.
I rely on things we've done before, games we've played before, stories I've told before.
In college I was told that 'busyness is the death of creativity'
It's true.

My study
Writing the lesson
Writing small group curriculum
Finding application points
Creating tangible 'take-away' things
The games and the the videos
They are all apart of my preparation; and when I get lazy there
Things just get 'off'

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share
Bloggermint