Monday, March 14, 2011

When things are 'off' - Prayer

We've started the conversation of the reality of having seasons of ministry that are 'off'.
The question is, if you are in that season, what do you do?
When I am in the midst of one of those times these 5 "P's" are the things that I check myself on. The first was PERSONAL.
The second is this ...
PRAYER

It seems like a simple one
I mean, after all, what pastor doesn't pray?
However, when things are off I have to check myself
Do I pray or do I (as Acts says) earnestly pray
It becomes so easy to go through the motions
Yeah, to be sincere
Yeah, to give it time
Yeah, to say the right things
But it's easy to get lazy
Ok, maybe it's just me
Yet, when things are off, I tend to find that my prayer has shifted
It becomes less real, less desperate, less gut wrenching
It starts to cost me less and becomes more of a hassle
The solution?
To carve out extra time; to sit in the presence of Jesus and to pour myself out
How are you doing at praying?

(This seems to be a common theme today; read Jason's previous post)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share
Bloggermint