Wednesday, March 9, 2011

When things are 'off' - Personal

We've started the conversation of the reality of just having seasons of ministry that are 'off'.
The question is, if you are in that season, what do you do?
When I am in the midst of one of those times these 5 "P's" are the things that I check myself on

Personal

I always start here
What is my personal life like? What is happening in my own soul?
I cannot lead out; I cannot pour myself out
If I am empty or if I am dry
And so I check my personal life against these questions:
  • Is there any unconfessed or undealt with sin in my life?
  • Am I connecting with Jesus? Am I resting in His presence?
  • How are my sabbath days? Am I cheating them?
  • How is my home life? Have I cheated home? Am I fully there when I am there?
  • What about my habits (eating, sleeping, exercising)? Are any out of balance?
Inevitably there is something here that needs work
An area that I've let slip or where I've gotten lazy
My public ministry and effectiveness flows out of my personal life;
And so I start here and constantly evaluate how I am doing in those areas.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share
Bloggermint